Would you agree that bathing, washing your hair and brushing your teeth routinely are all part of maintaining a healthy body? All of these things are of vital importance and help give the body that external glow each day. Yet, very few people are actually taking care of their body in its entirety. There are many people who may not know what a ‘detox’ is, along with some who do know, and just don’t understand the importance. So let’s take a moment to consider what may not be glowing—your internal organs— the very things that keep the body functioning from day to day but are often ignored.
It’s not too late. One simple way to get on the right track comes in the form of detoxifying. How does it help? Think about it this way: You go in to get your oil changed in your car, and you tell the mechanic not to worry about changing the oil filter or cleaning out the old oil, just to dump in a couple quarts of new oil and you will be all set. Yet, you would never do that because your car wouldn’t run the way it should— well, it’s the same way with your body.
Eating healthy and exercising are integral steps, but without removing toxins from your body, you will face even greater challenges to reach your optimal body composition. Detoxing results in numerous physical and mental benefits – it helps build a much stronger immune system, cleans organs, supports a regular digestive tract, increases energy and habitually keeps you feeling better. After realizing how much better your body feels, you achieve a sense of satisfaction and desire to continue making healthy choices.
To get started, TLS offers a 7 day detox system, which utilizes a fruit and vegetable cleanse designed to clean your taste buds, liver and GI tract. On this program, you can eat an unlimited amount of raw vegetables and three servings of fruit per day. If necessary, add in 3oz of lean protein to help curb hunger. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is crucial to flush toxins out of the body. Main foods to avoid during a detox are fats, coffee, sugar, alcohol, dairy, and caffeine. Replace caffeine by starting your day with a 8oz of warm lemon water, which is a natural detoxifier for your gallbladder and can also help satisfy cravings.
Completing a full detox can be challenging, so here are a few tips to get you through:
- You can do anything for 7 days. Try doing it with a friend, coworker or spouse.
- Prepare by removing all junk foods from your environments and keep cut-up vegetables on hand to make healthy snacking easier
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day and get plenty of sleep – at least 8 hours per night
- Get creative and experiment with different herbs and spices! Vinegar, mustard and low sodium soy sauce are good choices to add flavor.
The TLS Detox Kit provides all of the essentials you need to get started:
- Nutriclean system –
- Cleanses accumulated toxins from your digestive system, colon & liver.
- Helps restore good bacteria in to your digestive systems.
- Promotes normal, healthy bowel movements.
- Multivitamin – When we restrict our diet, we risk not getting all the vitamins and minerals our body needs. Taking our multivitamin can help avoid a nutritional deficiency.
- TLS Core – This will help to manage cravings that could potentially interfere with your detox diet.
- OPC-3 – Helps with the cleansing process by combating free radicals that often come from toxins in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat.
*If you are pregnant, diabetic, or under care of a physician for an ongoing medical condition, you may not be able to participate in a 7 day detox. Before you start a detox diet, you should consult your physician.